Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sugar High...

            For the last few months I have been trying…key word trying…to cut the sugar out of my diet. I love my cookies, cakes, Ice creams, fudge, brownies and most anything with frosting. As Eric Clapton said it’s most definitely the hardest drug I have ever tried to quit. As I type this up I fell off the wagon of almost a week and ate most of a bag of soft batch chocolate chip cookies and feel as though I just chugged an entire pot of coffee…not going to be a good night for sleeping…great for typing though, as my fingers are flying over the keyboard.

            I’ve been trying to quit not for the obvious reasons…I have a high metabolism so I don’t gain much weight, and not for the obvious health reasons. It’s all because I sleep like a crack head when I eat too much sugar. In years past I always had my pot to knock me out but since I don’t smoke anymore I toss and turn like the whirling dervish. And like all the drugs I’ve done in my life I have no restraint once I start…go until it’s gone …moderation is for monks…you’ve heard them all before, the point is I wont stop ‘til their gone.

            Well tonight has proven the point for me. After no real sugary stuff for the last week I truly do feel as though I am on a drug. Sugar is not harmless…it is an addictive substance that is harder to quit than a lot of the drugs on the market, and believe me I’ve pretty much tried and quit most of them. All I can think about is the song Sugar High…

1 comment:

  1. You're preaching to the choir here, buddy. You are lucky you have a high metabolism. Cinnamon rolls are my drug of choice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete